Stay Safe While Boating
SEPTEMBER 3, 2020
Boating is a fun way to enjoy the water during the summer months, but it is also an easy place to get hurt. Last year alone, there were over 4,145 boating accidents across the United States, with thousands of those leading to injuries and over 600 deaths. These injuries can be preventable with a few simple precautions. Follow these steps to ensure your boating trip stays safe and fun this summer!
1. Don’t drink and boat – the legal blood alcohol limit for operating a boat is .08, the same as when driving a car.
2. Follow general boating rules and have everyone on board always wear a life jacket!
3. Know what to do if someone goes overboard – turn the motor and propellers off immediately.
4. Be kind to others on the water – be mindful of other boats and swimmers.
5. Take note of impending inclement weather.
6. Have additional safety equipment on board
7. Operate at a safe speed!
Have fun, but make sure you’re safe! If you find yourself in a situation where you or a family member suffered injuries due to a boating accident, call Dawson Law Firm today for a free consultation. We will help you determine if you have a claim and work with you every step of the way until you are made whole.
Dawson Law Firm, LLC. Licensed in Missouri
Dawson Law Firm, LLC. 222 S. Central Ave. Ste.1100. St. Louis, MO 63105
The choice of a lawyer is an important decision and should not be based solely upon advertisements. The material contained in this website is for informational purposes only. The information is not provided in the course of an attorney-client relationship and is not intended to constitute legal advice from an attorney licensed in the user’s state. Past results afford no guarantee as to future outcomes and each case must be judged on its own merits.